Welcome to the Adventures

14 May 2009

Bit of a mishap...

So it seems my luck hasn't been the best lately - my laptop screen shattered in my carryon bag, so sadly I can't upload the comic I promised. I have a replacement monitor when I get home, but its days as a laptop are over. At least it's lasted this long!

So instead you'll have to humour me by reading yet another odd story from my recent travels.
Do you think you can generally predict a persons next "line" when you're in a routine situation? I arrived in Finland a few days ago for my last trip within Europe, but I speak not a word of Finnish. I went to the grocery store to buy food to eat at my hostel, pulling out a €20 note to pay for 12.10 in groceries. At this point the cashier asks me something, I dig in my pocket and shake my head.

So take your best guess! If this were you, what would you assume he asked? I'll leave my answer in the comments, I can only guess that it's the right one, but who knows!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can only assume he was asking me if I had a dime.

Sara said...

Hopefull he wasn't telling you there was a recall on the food you were buying. Oopsies :p

Amanda said...

I'd have to agree with you Tasha, it seems likely he would ask for a dime.