Welcome to the Adventures

10 March 2009

Why hello there!

Bonjour, 你們好, こんにちは, 안녕 하세요, Hola, Buon giorno, Dia dhaoibh, Guten Tag, etc...

I'm Tasha, known also as seoulless. I've long considered myself a language nerd in the foreign language sense; every one I wrote in above I have taken at least an intro course in... I just wish I had time to be good at all of them! Even so, knowing just a little bit helps, and that's what I intend to show. I wrote the comic posted here last week, and I hope everyone enjoyed it, because I'm going to try posting one weekly or at least bi-weekly, as well as other anecdotes about my linguistical adventures in Europe. I'm keeping a travel blog as well, but sometimes the interesting bits about language aren't always a good fit there.

Basically I'm a college student with fleeting interest in various languages and the wanderlust to go with it all. I spent half a year in Fukui, Japan as an exchange student in high school, 6 months doing two very different programmes in Suwon and Seoul, South Korea summer and fall 2007, and this spring semester I'm studying abroad again in Montpellier, France. This time I have free weekends, and am trying to see as much of Europe as possible, but since I don't speak every language here, it's the mix that sort of falls out of my brain that makes it all interesting!

At least, I hope I'm not the only one who finds it interesting.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Guten Tag! Glad to have you with us!

Crossing Borders said...

Bienvenue, Tasha! I can't wait to see what you write!

Sara said...

Bienvenida chica! I wish I had been able to see as much of Europe when i was studying over there.