Welcome to the Adventures

20 March 2009

Word Buzz Friday

Hey all!

Time for another word buzz! It looks like POP! (that along with "my favorite isn't listed") happened to be the favorite onomatopoeia from last week. I wonder why I didn't put "buzz"?

Today's word is:

Zombie Company

1. A technically bankrupt company that is kept alive with large infusions of government money for the sake of "stability" in the U.S. financial system. 2. A large financial company with negative net worth that continues to operate, despite having no clear path to solvency. 3. The UnDead of Wall Street.
"AIG is the premier example of a zombie company -- kept alive only by $120 billion in federal bailout money. Apparently, it's considered too large to fail."

Haha! I haven't heard this mentioned on CNN. Actually, I haven't been watching so much CNN since I can't figure out what channel it's on this cable plan in Chile. Oh well...

Anyways, Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This is a good word, Sara, and extremely relevant. AIG is back in the news again. You should email Rick Sanchez and get him to do something on zombie companies for his show! haha