Welcome to the Adventures

01 March 2009

Music Set to Speech Patterns

Ayo!

My sister sent me a link to a couple of videos where Henry Hey has composed music based on the speech patterns and intonations of George W. Bush, Sarah Palin and John McCain. It is so interesting to hear how the music follows the rhythms of speech, and could actually be cut into a real song.

I am interested in the language side of it (speech patterns), but anyone interested in Music Theory might also find this interesting as well!

Enjoy!

BUSH SONG:



PALIN SONG:





PALIN AND MCCAIN SONG
:

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That was very cool! Bush's music was by far the most entertaining. And it leaves me wondering what an Obama Song would sound like...

Sara said...

Yes! Who is talented enough to make an Obama song?

Crossing Borders said...

I wonder! An Obama song would be really interesting to hear.