Welcome to the Adventures

27 March 2009

Word Buzz Friday

Hey everyone! I'm back to add a few new words to your vocab like I do every Friday!

Okay, admit it. We all have that one friend where it seems no matter what we do we will never have as many friends as they do on Facebook. Face it, they have over 1,000 and you just aren't sure if your "friend" even knows all of those people. Maybe your "friend" is you. There is a word for that.

Facebookemon
March 23

The term used for the collection of people, on your Facebook friends list, that you don’t actually talk to or know in real life. Related to popular tv program and game Pokemon, where the aim is to collect as many different Pocket Monsters as possible.
Dave - "Hey, my friends collection is getting up to two hundred"

Steve - "How many do you really know? go admit it, most of them are Facebookemon"

John - "Gotta catch em all, gotta catch em all"

This next one was said to me by a friend after I told her how much time I had recently spent with a special someone.

Wifed up

When a man (or woman in my case) is held down or in check by a female (*ahem* male in my case) counterpart so as to not engage in social situations with other members of the general public.

Our good buddy John is wifed up this weekend and can't come out with the guys.

What she actually said was "Oh, I forgot that you've been wifed up recently."

There you have it folks! Two new words to add to your slangcabulary. Have a super awesome weekend!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

haha, I didn't know that there was a term for that for Facebook - there has been talk about people who do that on MySpace. I don't remember if there is an actual term for that, though. I love wifed up. That's hilarious. :)