Welcome to the Adventures

31 May 2009

The Cyrillic Alphabet

Hello лангуаге нердс! Аманда here!

The Cyrillic alphabet is the alphabet used by many countries in Eastern Europe (and Asia). For a list of languages that use this alphabet and map of the countries, you can go here. I was first introduced to the Cyrillic alphabet by a friend who is from Bulgaria, who showed me how to convert my name. And because languages fascinate me, the Cyrillic alphabet caught my attention. It is fun and different. Which is why you can see me now using Аманда for my Blogger name (this is also good in avoiding confusion with other Amandas).

If you're interested in learning more about the Cyrillic alphabet, you can check out its Wikipedia page or to convert your name or other text check out this site.

Ok, now for something fun! What does your name look like in the Cyrillic alphabet? Convert your name (first name or nickname only), and post it here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How interesting!

tara sg = тара сг

Amanda said...

Thanks for sharing, тара сг!

Sara said...

сара бецк! First and last. Cool.

Crossing Borders said...

miyaunna= мияунна

That is my name. I noticed that it automatically converted the "iyau" in my name as well. How cool!